Assistance League of Albuquerque – response to Covid 19 – as of July 13, 2020, updated July 5, 2021
We are working hard behind the scenes to comply with the safety protocols required to keep ourselves and our customers as safe as possible. SAFETY is our primary concern.
Days and Hours we are open to the public and when we can accept donations will vary as we continue to improve conditions for everyone. Please visit our website prior to your visit to find the most current information.
The following protocols will be used for both customers and workers:
- Masks are required for all shoppers and volunteers (vaccinated and unvaccinated) while in any of our shops.
- Everyone entering the shops will have their temperature taken (those with elevated temps will be encouraged to leave).
- Entry will be limited to 25% of our regularly allowed capacity at a time – no large families. Will encourage shopping time to 15 minutes. Once someone leaves another shopper may enter and our control will be each shopper needs to take a cart.
- Entry to the Thrift Shop will be only through the North doors and follow the signs for directions to Shop on the Corner.
- Customers will be expected to respect social distancing.
- No clothing or jewelry may be tried on – changing rooms will be discontinued.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be at all entrances.
- All doors will be staffed and workers at these doors will sanitize carts and door handles.
- Plexiglass screening will be in place at all registers.
- Once purchases are made, shoppers will be asked to bag and/or box their items at a provided table. This will reduce our handling of their items. You may use our bags or bring your own.
- All rules will be covered by signage explaining them, as well as markings on the floors.
- We are quarantining all donations for one week before we ask our volunteer members to start sorting, pricing and getting them ready to put out on the floor.