Dressing Children in Need (K-6)
Since opening in 1990, Operation School Bell has clothed in excess of 60,000 students!!
Children who go to school without adequate clothing often suffer low self-esteem. Students (K-6 grades) are identified by Ada County public school personnel and brought to Operation School Bell by bus.
Students “go shopping” for brand NEW clothing and are outfitted from head to toe with the assistance of one of our caring member volunteers.
Each Child Receives:
- two pairs of jeans or sweat pants
- a winter coat
- a sweatshirt
- two tee shirts
- six pairs of underwear
- six pairs of socks
- a personal care kit containing toiletries
- a shoe card for a new pair of shoes – to be redeemed at a local store
- a book of their choice
- gloves and hats are also provided when available
During the 2017-2018 school year, 3,704 elementary school students visited Operation School Bell. The children all left with a huge bag of new clothes, wide grins and a renewed sense of confidence.
Here are a few thank you notes from children …
Our Members Volunteered Over 4,900 Hours for Operation School Bell Last Year!
They love to help the children “shop”, but also purchase the clothing, tag each one to track inventory, restock the shelves every day and even knit winter hats for the children! The pictures below show our volunteers getting ready for this fall on their “Wednesday Workdays”.
Become a Part of this Special Program
- Monetary donations are always appreciated!
- Donations of new mittens, hats, scarves and books are always needed and welcome. A tax receipt will be provided.
Assistance League of Boise would like to thank the following grantors and businesses for the generous donations in support of Operation School Bell: