MARY JO PECKHAM AWARD LUNCHEON & FASHION SHOW
The Assistance League® of Houston
PHOTOS: ALEXANDER’S FINE PORTRAIT DESIGN
Twenty-five years ago the daughters of Mary Jo Peckham decided to honor their mother’s longtime support of the Assistance League of Houston by creating an annual fundraising luncheon. Since that time, Ann Berry, Leila Gilbert and Liz Jameson have helped the luncheon net over $1.3 million! This year’s honorees were the “3 Generations of Holland Girls” — Phyllis Holland, her daughter Leisa Holland-Nelson, and granddaughter Laura Max Rose who brought along baby Selma Baines Rose to the oohs and aahs of the 250 guests.
1) Celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Mary Jo Peckham Award Luncheon and Fashion Show were Ann Berry, Leila Gilbert, honoree Leisa Holland-Nelson and Liz Jameson. The three daughters — Ann, Leila and Liz – have kept their mother’s philanthropic spirit alive.
2) Assistance League members who took to the stage to model outfits from Escada’s spring/summer 2017 collection included Parissa Mohajer, Lou Shapiro and Mahzad Mohajer.
3) Elizabeth Anthony owner Julie Roberts (center) enlisted Escada’s Lauren Mirynowski and Phuong Nguyen in presenting a stunning collection of Escada designs for spring/summer 2017.
4) Mary Jo Peckham Award honorees Laura Max Rose holding
little Selma Baines Rose, Leisa Holland-Nelson and Leisa’s mother Phyllis Holland.
5) Past honorees (seated) Nancy Reynolds, Joan Lyons, and Jeanie Kilroy Wilson; (standing) Rose Cullen, Linda McReynolds, Truett Latimer, Ann Bookout and Jan Carson, who served as emcee.