Request for Proposals: Outdoor Mural
September 15, 2017 – Extended till September 30th
Eligibility: Must be 18 or older, eligible to work in the U.S. Residents of Houston preferred. Can be a collaboration with other artists, students.
Description of Opportunity: Assistance League Houston will celebrate 50 years of serving Houston youth and families in May of 2018. To mark this milestone a mural on the chapter building is desired. Assistance League Houston is a 501c3 nonprofit which:
-Donates school clothing to students in the Houston area
-Provides scholarships to Houston graduating seniors attending Texas colleges and universities
-Promotes literacy by reading and donating books to Head Start students
-Celebrates the holidays with young patients and their families at Texas Children’s Hospital with a party including presents, games, and gift cards
-Celebrates Texas art and artists with a yearly art show
Budget: The award for the project will be $2,500.00, not inclusive of materials.
Project Location: The two-story east facing wall of Assistance League Houston chapter house, located at 1902 Commonwealth, Houston. Site has pre-painted surfaces including brick and wood.
- A letter of intent, to include contact information, personal connection to the community, a description of the proposed mural, as well as how the artist intends to meet the evaluation criteria.
- Proposal images: up to 5 images of the proposed mural. These can include sketches, paintings, or digital images.
- Completed and signed W-9.
- Artistic quality: proposal images demonstrate that the final work will be of high artistic caliber
- Responsiveness: letter of intent and proposal images address the overall goals of the project, as well as the core values of Assistance League Houston. Artwork must be appropriate for public viewing by children and families, as the clientele of Assistance League of Houston. Proposed murals should reflect the surrounding community in a representational and engaging artwork.
- Project management ability: applicant(s) demonstrate that the Artist has the capability to accomplish the project on schedule.
- Durability: use durable materials that require minimum maintenance.
An Artist Selection Panel will review all eligible submittals and make a choice of an artist(s) to complete the project. The selected artist will be informed by October 15, 2017.
To have a PDF copy of this announcement, please click here.
Please submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org