Investing in summer experiences for youth
Enrichment Scholarship Program provides financial resources to students enrolled in grades 6-11 in Seattle Public Schools so that they can participate in the summer enrichment learning experience of their choice. Students apply for up to $500 in funding to camps for music, art, mathematics, language, leadership, journalism, culinary, computer science, and more.
For a disadvantaged 8th grader who has grown up in a world of concrete and chain link, an Enrichment Scholarship Program scholarship makes it possible to attend Camp Sealth, where he or she will learn valuable life skills such as swimming, fire-building, and peer leadership.
Since 2008, Enrichment Scholarship Program has given that extra boost needed by a talented student to make their summer camp dreams come true. We partner with several local organizations, such as the YMCA and Cornish College of the Arts, to share costs so we can expand our reach to more disadvantaged students. In 2017, we supported 56 students with their summer enrichment experiences.
Scholarships are not awarded for religious studies, sports exclusive, or foreign studies / exchange programs.
Only Seattle Public Schools students currently between grades 6 through 11 may apply including home schooled students with SSD affiliation.
No transportation costs will be provided.
Anyone related to a current Assistance League of Seattle member is not eligible.
In-state enrichment programs will be given priority. Out-of-state programs will be considered if funding allows.
- Download and complete the Enrichment Scholarship Program application.
- Applications are accepted starting in January.
- Applications must be postmarked by March 31.
- Students are notified of the results of the program committee’s evaluations by letter.
- Scholarships are awarded/distributed by (approximately) the end of April.
- Scholarship award checks are made payable directly to the student’s enrichment program or class, then sent with an award letter to the student’s home address.
- It is the responsibility of the student awarded the scholarship to complete the necessary application to his or her chosen program and also to include the check issued by Assistance League of Seattle with their application as payment.
Click here to download Enrichment Scholarship Fund application. Deadline: March 31