Investing in summer experiences for youth
Enrichment Scholarship Program provides financial resources to students enrolled in grades 6-11 in Seattle Public Schools so that they can participate in the summer enrichment learning experience of their choice. Students apply for up to $500 in funding to camps for music, art, mathematics, language, leadership, journalism, culinary, computer science, and more.
For a disadvantaged 8th grader who has grown up in a world of concrete and chain link, an Enrichment Scholarship Program scholarship makes it possible to attend Camp Sealth, where he or she will learn valuable life skills such as swimming, fire-building, and peer leadership.
Since 2008, Enrichment Scholarship Program has given that extra boost needed by a talented student to make their summer camp dreams come true. We partner with several local organizations, such as the YMCA and Cornish College of the Arts, to share costs so we can expand our reach to more disadvantaged students. In 2016, we supported 59 students with their summer enrichment experiences.
- Must be a student in Seattle Public Schools (home school students with SPS affiliation are also eligible).
- Must be enrolled in grades 6 to 11.
- Must complete and submit an application form by the application cut-off date.
NB: We do not fund sports or religious enrichment programs.
- Download and complete the Enrichment Scholarship Program Application Form.
- Applications are accepted starting in January.
- Applications are reviewed and evaluated by the program committee by mid-April.
- Students are notified of the results of the program committee’s evaluations by letter.
- Scholarships are awarded/distributed by (approximately) the end of April.
- Scholarship award checks are made payable directly to the student’s enrichment program or class, then sent with an award letter to the student’s home address.
- It is the responsibility of the student awarded the scholarship to complete the necessary application to his or her chosen program and also to include the check issued by Assistance League of Seattle with their application as payment.
Click here to download Enrichment Scholarship Fund application. Deadline: April 15