The chapter provides support throughout the school year to Communities In Schools, a national dropout prevention program. Vision care referrals to students in need, incentives to students who maintain good grades, rewards to students with perfect attendance, nonperishable food items for consumption at school and at home, and providing volunteers for campus activities are aspects of the program.
Assistance League of the Bay Area, provided over $18,000 in the following services for students in nineteen campuses and two school clusters in the Clear Creek and Dickinson Independent School Districts:
- Provided 37 students with vision referrals through Nasa Vision Center;
- Provided $1,000 in school-appropriate clothing;
- Member Dr. Cindy Castille donated $5,163 in dental care and involved League City orthodontist, Dr. Heath Smith who is generously treating a female Communities In Schools student;
- Provided over $3,300 in non-food campus support to the at-risk students; and
- Purchased over $12,500 in nutritional support through four bulk food purchases in an effort to address the growing problem of food insecurity among students.