The chapter provides support throughout the school year to Communities In Schools, a national dropout prevention program. Vision care referrals to students in need, incentives to students who maintain good grades, rewards to students with perfect attendance, nonperishable food items for consumption at school and at home, and providing volunteers for campus activities are aspects of the program.
For the 2020-2021 fiscal year, Assistance League of the Bay Area provided the following services for over 3000 students in nineteen campuses and two school clusters in the Clear Creek and Dickinson Independent School Districts:
- 40 students with vision referrals through Nasa Vision Center.
- Over $4000 in school-appropriate clothing.
- $3,283 in dental care donated by chapter member, Dr. Cindy Castille.
- Over $10,000 in non-food campus support to at-risk students.
- Over $17,000 in nutritional support through bulk food purchases to address the growing problem of food insecurity.