The chapter provides support throughout the school year to Communities In Schools, a national dropout prevention program. Vision care referrals to students in need, incentives to students who maintain good grades, rewards to students with perfect attendance, nonperishable food items for consumption at school and at home, and providing volunteers for campus activities are aspects of the program.
For the 2021-2022 fiscal year, Assistance League of the Bay Area provided the following services for over 3000 students in nineteen campuses and two school clusters in the Clear Creek and Dickinson Independent School Districts:
- Vision referrals through Nasa Vision
- Dental care by Dr. Cindy Castille.
- $4,000 in school-appropriate clothing
- Over $10,000 in non-food campus support.
- 3,900 Snack Attack Packs for at-risk students in Texas City ISD and Deer Park ISD, in conjunction with Assisteens® Auxiliary.