The chapter provides support throughout the school year to Communities In Schools, a national dropout prevention program. Vision care referrals to students in need, incentives to students who maintain good grades, rewards to students with perfect attendance, nonperishable food items for consumption at school and at home, and providing volunteers for campus activities are aspects of the program.
For the 2016-2017 school year, Assistance League of the Bay Area, provided the following services to Communities In Schools – Bay Area via our philanthropy, Operation Support Our Schools:
Served approximately 1350 students in 13 schools in the Clear Creek and Dickinson Independent School Districts by
* Providing 35 vision referrals and 28 eyeglasses through Nasa Vision Center
* Providing donated dental care totaling $1,205 through Dr. Cindy Castille, one of our members
* Rewarding students in the Caught Red Handed program (doing good deeds)
* Purchasing food and providing nutritional support
* Participating in campus Santa’s Workshops and Career Fairs