APPLICATION FORM FOR 2020
Assistance League of Charlotte is a nonprofit volunteer organization dedicated to improving the lives of children and families through community-based philanthropic programs – we feed, we clothe, we mentor, we educate.
Mecklenburg County Teen Court program provides an alternative justice system for youthful offenders between the ages of twelve and seventeen. This juvenile-based justice system places strong emphasis on accountability, positive peer influence and youth empowerment and involvement
This scholarship is open to students graduating high school who have volunteered a minimum of 32 cumulative hours and are currently active (served six court sessions in the 12 months prior to the February 25, 2020 application deadline) with Mecklenburg County Teen Court, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability status.
Selection of Recipients
All applicants are expected to complete the online application and meet all requirements set forth in the application. Recipients of this scholarship will be notified by mail.
- A current photo of yourself (upload as a jpg, jpeg, png, gif file).
- A copy of the letter of acceptance from any accredited trade school, community college, college/university to which you have applied. If you have not yet been accepted, please request a letter from the institution(s) indicating the status of your application (upload as a pdf, doc, docx, jpg).
- Essay: double-spaced typewritten (upload as a doc, docx, ppt file). Discuss how the Teen Court experience has impacted you and your interactions with others. Be sure to include specific examples.
- Two SIGNED letters of recommendation that testify to your character and commitment to the community. Both letters to be written by someone other than a family member, such as a teacher, employer, pastor, family friend or leader of community activities in which you have engaged (not an AL Charlotte member). Request recommenders to submit by email to MCTCScholarship@alclt.org by the February 25, 2020 deadline.
- Your current official high school transcript sent directly (no personal copies) to: MCTC Scholarship, Assistance League of Charlotte, PO Box 471112, Charlotte, NC 28247-1112 postmarked or received by the February 25, 2020 submission deadline.
Once the online application is begun, if unable to complete at one setting, you will be provided an active link allowing you to return to complete the application within 30 days.