Assistance League of Everett is an all-volunteer, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that is transforming lives and strengthening our community through philanthropic programs in Snohomish County. Member volunteers are dedicated to ongoing support and a long-term presence in the community through hands-on involvement and innovative philanthropic programs.
We are a part of Assistance League, a national organization, with over 120 chapters across the country. Our chapter was founded in 1965 and currently has over 300 members. Our dedicated members and community volunteers donated over 82,000 hours this past year.
We are an all volunteer organization working to make Snohomish County a better place to live and work through our programs. Our philanthropic programs are focused on lending a helping hand to those in need. Our largest program, Operation School Bell®, provides children and teens with a weeks’ worth of new school clothing. Assistance League of Everett supports six community based philanthropic programs benefiting everyone from infants to adults residing in Snohomish County. If you are interested in giving back your time and talents to our community, click here to learn more about becoming a member.
We have two auxiliaries that provide flexible opportunities for members to volunteer and serve in.
- Kitty Young Auxiliary is available for professional people who need more evening and weekend volunteer opportunities.
- Assisteens® are middle and high school students, age 12-18, desiring to volunteer in their community.
We rely 100% on volunteers with no paid staff. You are welcome to join us and use your talents, skills and interests to give back to our community. Please fill out our Contact Us form so we can contact you personally. You may also call us at 425-252-3011 for more information.
Mission, Vision and Goals
Assistance League of Everett is a nonprofit, all-volunteer organization whose philanthropic programs promote the well-being and self-esteem of children, teens and adults in Snohomish County.
To positively affect our community.
- Recruit and sustain an informed and engaged membership to ensure the success of our mission.
- Provide philanthropic programs of excellence that meet community needs.
- Assure financial sustainability,
- Create an environment that assures leaders are developed and supported.
- Develop quality external and internal marketing and communications content to ensure the success of our mission.
- Improve technology utilization to increase efficiency in program management, donor relations, and membership outreach.
Annual Report and Financials
Board of Directors 2021 - 2022
Mary Lou Madsen
VP PHILANTHROPIC PROGRAMS
Caryl de Jong
Chapter Liaison to Assisteens®
Chapter Liaison to Auxiliary
Marketing / Communications
Mary Jo Goodwin