Who They Are
Assisteens® Auxiliary was formed in Las Vegas in 1996 and certified in 1997. It is Nevada’s first Assisteens Auxiliary, of which there are 45 nationwide. Membership is open to boys and girls in grades seven through twelve.
What They Do
The students research and select their own projects which are then funded entirely by their own fundraising efforts. This process teaches them leadership and how to respond to the needs of the community while experiencing the joys of volunteering.
- Assisteens Auxiliary focuses their volunteer efforts on Operation School Bell®, monitoring and dressing children, 5-6 Saturday shifts a year.
- They make and donate blankets for children who attend Operation School Bell.
- Perfect Fit is a program that provides fashionable plus size clothing for teen girls and boys who come to Operation School Bell. Once a year Assisteens Auxiliary members do the shopping for this clothing.
- Assisteens Auxiliary members volunteer each year at Catholic Charities to help feed the homeless.
- Fundraising efforts to support their philanthropic programs include:
- Selling soup and cookie mix at the chapter’s annual Holiday Bazaar event
- Working 1-2 times a year in the Assistance League Thrift shop with the group receiving a percentage of the profit for that day