Assistance League of Reno-Sparks
This document sets forth the policy that Assistance League of Reno-Sparks shall follow with respect of the contributions and privacy rights of donors as well as the responsibilities of Assistance League of Reno-Sparks.
• Assistance League of Reno-Sparks shall not copy, reproduce, publish, post, distribute or sell the name, personal contact information or amount of donation of any individual or business without the written consent of the donor. Exceptions shall be those as required by law and may be made without prior knowledge or consent of the donor.
• Publications, promotional items and publicity of Assistance League of Reno-Sparks, referred to in this document, shall include but not be limited to the following: chapter and community newsletters, annual report, website, brochure, fact sheet and video.
• When a member pays per capita dues, chapter members’ information is added to the membership database of Assistance League of Reno-Sparks. The chapter’s database is viewable by designated chapter members who shall include: President, Treasurer, Vice Presidents, Secretary, National Assistance League® Website Manager and Membership Committee.
1. Any individual, corporation or business may make a contribution to Assistance League of Reno-Sparks. Donations may be monetary or in-kind.
2. A donation to Assistance League of Reno-Sparks may be restricted or unrestricted. Any restrictions shall be in writing. All restricted donations shall be used solely for the intended purpose and no other.
3. A letter to the donor shall be sent from Assistance League of Reno-Sparks acknowledging the contribution, the amount of the donation and any restrictions on the donation.
4. When any donation is received without the donation form or when the form’s release of information section is not completed, Assistance League of Reno-Sparks shall send the donor a document requesting permission to release the donor’s name and/or donation amount. The document may contain the paragraph set forth below. The donor shall sign and date the document, indicate wishes with respect to the donation and return the form to Assistance League of Reno-Sparks.
Assistance League of Reno-Sparks lists donor names and/or amounts in its publications, annual report and fact sheets. Please give full or partial permission to include your donation in publications by Assistance League of Reno-Sparks by section below:
_____You may include only my name
_____You may include my name and donation amount
_____Do not include any of my information as I wish the donation to be anonymous.
5. All donations shall be treated individually so that multiple donations from a single donor shall receive the same consideration as if each were the first donation received.
6. The authorization to release or refuse the listing of the name and/or donation amount of the donor shall be in place for the fiscal year in which the donation is received. The donor may change the decision regarding the refusal to print the donor’s name and/or amount, but may not change the decision regarding publishing once the donor’s name and/or amount has been released.
7. Members of Assistance League of Reno-Sparks Board and Resource Development Committee requiring access to the information may view the names of donors and the amounts of donations.
RIGHTS OF DONOR REGARDING PHOTOGRAPHS
• At all times a chapter member in attendance at any event sponsored by Assistance League of Reno-Sparks agrees that the member’s name, chapter name and likeness may appear in the publications listed in the General Statements section.
RECORD KEEPING AND CONFIDENTIALITY
• All financial records are maintained by Assistance League of Reno-Sparks
• Members of the Assistance League of Reno-Sparks Board and Resource Development Committee members may view information concerning donations. These individuals shall not disseminate this information for any reason without prior written consent of the donor. Access by other individuals is set forth in this policy.
• Assistance League of Reno-Sparks shall keep all donor information in a secure location at its facility or such secure locations outside the facility as deemed necessary and appropriate.
Assistance League of Reno-Sparks
PO Box 7376 ~ Reno, NV 89510-7376
Website address: renosparks.assistanceleague.org
This policy was last approved on 2-28-04