Assistance League® of Reno-Sparks
A chapter of National Assistance League®
SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
This policy and guidelines govern the publication and commentary on social media by members of Assistance League of Reno-Sparks. For the purposes of this policy, social media means any facility for online publication and commentary, including without limitation, blogs, and social networking sites. This policy is in addition to and complements any existing or future policies regarding the use of technology, computers, e-mail and the Internet.
- All Assistance League of Reno-Sparks social media pages shall portray the corporation in a professional and consistent manner including compliance with Board Policy Relationships with Members/Committees/Auxiliaries No. 13.
- All posts and comments shall be in compliance with the Assistance League of Reno-Sparks Code of Ethics and all other established policies.
- A successful page requires consistent monitoring. The Marketing/Technology Committees have the responsibility for overall monitoring of the social media pages. Social Media Administrators (eg. Facebook) will be appointed to add/remove content and photos on a regular basis to keep the content current. No photos will be “tagged” with people’s names.
- Social media posts are widely accessible and will be around for a long time–consider the content carefully. When using any social media, please remember to:
- Use disclaimers
- Be transparent
- Be accurate; correct any mistakes as soon as possible
- Include all relevant information in the profile and “About” sections, including the logo. This helps brand the organization and increases visibility on search engines.
- Privacy settings on social media platforms should be set to allow anyone to see profile information. Confidential information about the corporation or its members shall not be posted or shared. Board or regular meeting minutes cannot be posted on public social media.
- Respect copyright laws
- Show appreciation for community partners; link to their social media where appropriate to increase the visibility of Assistance League of Reno-Sparks social media presence. No explicit or implied endorsements of any kind shall be allowed.
- Be a good blogger; be interesting and share Assistance League of Reno-Sparks and adhere to all established policies
- Uphold the Mission and Vision of Assistance League of Reno-Sparks and adhere to all established policies
- Disclose your association with the Assistance League before posting a review
This Social Media Policy was last updated on March 2017.