Today Assistance League is proud to continue to encourage and provide volunteer opportunities for today’s youth. Assisteens of Temecula Valley was formed in 1992 and membership is open to boys and girls in grades 7-12. The aims of participation are to develop a sense of community responsibility, self-reliance, personal responsibility, poise, public speaking and leadership skills.
- Develop an awareness of the needs of others through community service.
- Develop and foster leadership and self-reliance.
- Develop lasting friendships.
- Develop and promote personal responsibility with strong ethics and values.
- Introduce new experiences to stimulate intellectual growth and cultural appreciation.
- Assisteens’ raise money to fund their philanthropic programs by staffing the thrift shop counter on designated Saturdays.
ASSISTEENS PHILANTHROPIC PROGRAMS
- Celebrate the Seasons – Seasonal books and goodie buckets for low-income Head Start Children in the Assistance League service area.
- Helping S.M.A.R.T. Moms (Single Moms are Resilient Together) – Assisteens purchase items for Santa’s Workshop at the SMART Moms Christmas Gala. Teens interact and help low-income children shop and wrap presents for their single moms. Teens help during the gala as well.
- Honoring Our Military – Assisteens plan and execute recognition for current military personnel and former military veterans.
- Operation Book Worm – Assisteens purchase new books for Celebrate the Seasons.
- Operation School Bell Support – Financial support of the chapter’s “Operation School Bell” program. Typically budgeted as $100 x the number of Assisteens.
- Membership is open all year for teens in grades 7 through 12. The Assisteens year is from June 1 through May 31.
- Assisteens are required to serve a total of 30 hours per year.
- Meetings are held the second Wednesday of each month (except June, July, August).
- Social activities are determined by grade level.
- Senior Recognition night is held in April.
- Annual Meeting is in May; Installation of Officers and Awards.
For more information, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join now by downloading an Assisteens Membership Packet
Assistance League of Temecula Valley
ATTN: Assisteens Coordinator
28720 Via Montezuma
Temecula, CA 92590-2510