The Assisteens are a busy and dedicated group of seventh through twelfth grade teenagers . They offer support for many of the philanthropic projects of Assistance League of Fullerton, such as working in the Bargain Box Thrift Shop on Saturdays, helping with Operation School Bell®, A Day of Authors (Assistance League Professional Humanitarian Auxiliary’s fundraiser), Santa’s Closet and The Taste of the Town® annual fundraiser. Some of their activities have included:
- SCHOLARSHIPS – As in past years, Assisteens awarded 3 college scholarships to deserving North Orange County High School seniors from the Class of 2023.
- Boys and Girls Club – A Party was hosted for 50 children. Pizza, cookie decoration, games, ornament decoration and Christmas caroling were part of the fun.
- Crittenton Foundation – “Love Yourself” pamper kits with ChapStick, aftershave, lotion and face masks were made for the Crittendon Foundation teens.
- “Grandpals” – letters and cards for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, and springtime were made and delivered to senior communities.
- Linus Project – Blankets were made for the Linus Project to provide a comforting object for children and teens during a difficult transition from either home or hospital.
- MOW – Monthly hand decorated holiday-themed bags with nutritional drinks were delivered for Meals on Wheels Clients.
- Operation Gratitude – 500 pounds of candy and inspirational messages were assembled for our troops.
- POH – Hygiene Kits for Pathways of Hope Clients.
- TAPP – (Teen Parenting Program at La Sierra High). Easter/Springtime baskets with diapers, bibs, onesies, rattle and snacks delivered to La Sierra.
- Thanksgiving Baskets with a turkey roast and all the trimmings for 15 deserving families from Commonwealth Elementary and Orangethorpe Elementary Schools.
- Thrift Store – Assisteens volunteer on Saturdays in the Thrift Store to raise money for their philanthropic projects.
- The Assisteens participated in the Laguna Lake cleanup and beautification project.
About Assisteens®Assisteens® Auxiliary
The Assisteens Auxiliary is a group of seventh through twelfth grade teenagers involved in philanthropic and social events within the community. It was chartered in 1964. The purpose of the Assisteens is to provide its members with a program that creates leadership opportunities and expands members’ awareness to the needs of others as well as the positive nature of providing philanthropic service. It is also a great way to make new and lasting friendships. Assisteens is open to all teens in the Fullerton area. New members are welcomed in June and may join until the beginning of their tenth grade year. Members are required to:
- Pay annual dues of $20.00.
- Pay annual hospitality fee of $40.00 for dinners.
- Attend the monthly meetings.
- Complete a minimum of 40 (forty) hours of service each year. This includes staffing the Assistance League’s thrift shop, the Bargain Box, hours spent in resource development, and hours spent in philanthropic service.