The Assisteens are a busy and dedicated group of seventh through twelfth grade teenagers . They offer support for many of the philanthropic projects of Assistance League of Fullerton, such as working in the Bargain Box Thrift Shop on Saturdays, helping with Operation School Bell®, A Day of Authors (Assistance League Professional Humanitarian Auxiliary’s fundraiser) Santa’s Closet and The Taste of the Town® Assistance League of Fullerton’s fundraiser. The Assisteens’ 2017-2018 philanthropic activities included:
- The Assisteens provided scholarships for deserving graduating senior girls in the Fullerton Union High School District.
- They planned and provided a Holiday Party for the children of the Boys and Girls Club of Fullerton, complete with dinner, gifts for each child and a visit from Santa Claus.
- They donated and created Thanksgiving baskets for needy Fullerton families.
- They painted pumpkins at Halloween to donate to the Teen Parent Program and their babies.
- The Assisteens had a father/daughter community cleanup day and social.
- The Assisteens have been very visible in the community by participating in the Fullerton Collaborative Faces of Fullerton, Taste of the Town®, ALPHA “Day of Authors”, and “Whatz It Worth”.
About Assisteens®Assisteens® Auxiliary
The Assisteens Auxiliary is a group of seventh through twelfth grade teenagers involved in philanthropic and social events within the community. It was chartered in 1964. The purpose of the Assisteens is to provide its members with a program that creates leadership opportunities and expands members’ awareness to the needs of others as well as the positive nature of providing philanthropic service. It is also a great way to make new and lasting friendships. Assisteens is open to all teens in the Fullerton area. New members are welcomed in June and may join until the beginning of their tenth grade year. Members are required to:
- Pay annual dues of $20.00.
- Pay annual hospitality fee of $40.00 for dinners.
- Attend the monthly meetings.
- Complete a minimum of 40 (forty) hours of service each year. This includes staffing the Assistance League’s thrift shop, the Bargain Box, hours spent in resource development, and hours spent in philanthropic service.
2019 Fashion Show Practice