The Assisteens are a busy and dedicated group of seventh through twelfth grade teenagers . They offer support for many of the philanthropic projects of Assistance League of Fullerton, such as working in the Bargain Box Thrift Shop on Saturdays, helping with Operation School Bell®, A Day of Authors (Assistance League Professional Humanitarian Auxiliary’s fundraiser) Santa’s Closet and The Taste of the Town® Assistance League of Fullerton’s fundraiser. The Assisteens’ 2020-2021 activities included:
- SCHOLARSHIPS – As in the past year, Assisteens awarded 3 college scholarships to deserving North Orange County High School seniors from the Class of 2021.
- TAPP – (Teen Parenting Program at La Sierra High). Easter/Springtime
baskets were assembled to be delivered to La Sierra.
- POH – Many T-Shirt bags were made by the Assisteens to be used as
reusable grocery bags for Pathways of Hope Clients.
- MOW – Easter/Springtime cards were made by the Assisteens to be put in the nutrition drink bags that the Assisteens assembled for Meals on Wheels Clients.
- Thrift Store – Assisteens volunteer on Saturdays in
the Thrift Store to raise money for their philanthropic projects.
- The Assisteens are collaborating with a future Eagle Scout’s beautification project. The project is a bench to be placed at Laguna Lake in memory of former Assisteen, Katie Monson. This is a Father/Daughter event.
About Assisteens®Assisteens® Auxiliary
The Assisteens Auxiliary is a group of seventh through twelfth grade teenagers involved in philanthropic and social events within the community. It was chartered in 1964. The purpose of the Assisteens is to provide its members with a program that creates leadership opportunities and expands members’ awareness to the needs of others as well as the positive nature of providing philanthropic service. It is also a great way to make new and lasting friendships. Assisteens is open to all teens in the Fullerton area. New members are welcomed in June and may join until the beginning of their tenth grade year. Members are required to:
- Pay annual dues of $20.00.
- Pay annual hospitality fee of $40.00 for dinners.
- Attend the monthly meetings.
- Complete a minimum of 40 (forty) hours of service each year. This includes staffing the Assistance League’s thrift shop, the Bargain Box, hours spent in resource development, and hours spent in philanthropic service.