The Assisteens are a busy and dedicated group of seventh through twelfth grade teenagers . They offer support for many of the philanthropic projects of Assistance League of Fullerton, such as working in the Bargain Box Thrift Shop on Saturdays, helping with Operation School Bell®, A Day of Authors (Assistance League Professional Humanitarian Auxiliary’s fundraiser) Santa’s Closet and The Taste of the Town® Assistance League of Fullerton’s fundraiser. The Assisteens’ philanthropic activities also include but are not limited to:
- The Assisteens provide scholarships for deserving graduating senior girls in the Fullerton Union High School District.
- They plan and provide for a Holiday Party for the children of the Boys and Girls Club of Fullerton, complete with dinner, gifts for each child and a visit from Santa Claus.
- They donate and create Thanksgiving baskets for needy Fullerton families.
- The girls staff Fullerton’s Teenage Parenting Program by providing babysitting services while the teen parents attend parenting classes. They also purchase necessities for the babies enrolled in this program. They decorate pumpkins for these kids at Halloween,
- The Assisteens have a father/daughter community service project and social that is determined annually by need.
- The Assisteens are very visible in the community by participating as a group in such community fundraisers as the Children’s’ Hospital of Orange County Walk and the Gift of Life Walk.
The Assisteens Auxiliary is a group of seventh through twelfth grade teenagers involved in philanthropic and social events within the community. It was chartered in 1964. The purpose of the Assisteens is to provide its members with a program that creates leadership opportunities and expands members’ awareness to the needs of others as well as the positive nature of providing philanthropic service. It is also a great way to make new and lasting friendships. Assisteens is open to all teens in the Fullerton area. New members are welcomed in June and may join until the beginning of their tenth grade year. Members are required to:
- Pay annual dues of $20.00.
- Pay annual hospitality fee of $40.00 for dinners.
Pay a $50.00 assessment per family to Assistance League of Fullerton for usage of the Chapter House and other items Assistance League provides.
- Attend the monthly meetings.
- Complete a minimum of 40 (forty) hours of service each year. This includes staffing the Assistance League’s thrift shop, the Bargain Box, hours spent in resource development, and hours spent in philanthropic service.