Membership in Assistance League of Omaha is open to any person interested in giving back to the Omaha community. If you are interested in joining Assistance League of Omaha and would like more information, please contact our chapter office at (402) 342-4288.
Membership classes are held twice a year. If you would like to join, please fill out the form below.
Dues and Fee Structure
- Active Voting Members: $80.00 dues
- One-time orientation fee for new members: $20.00
- Life Members (grandfathered in as of October 28, 2002): no further financial obligations to the chapter or the national organization
- Nonvoting Members: $95.00 dues
- Leave of Absence: A leave of absence can be obtained by contacting Membership, email@example.com
Assistance League Members Are Encouraged:
- to vote and hold office, unless nonvoting.
- to keep track of service hours monthly and report to advisors.
- to attend regular chapter meetings.
- to participate in and support the philanthropic programs and fundraising activities of the chapter and its other needs.
- to serve on a committee, which may include an Elective Standing Committee and/or an Appointive Standing Committee.
- to serve a minimum of three shifts of Operation School Bell®.
- to serve four Thrift Shop duties annually.
- to work one shift at Christmas Caravan.
- to buy one Christmas Caravan ticket and provide baked goods or pay a fee as determined by the Caravan Committee.
Assistance League of Omaha is an all-volunteer 501(c)(3) nonprofit service organization whose members identify, develop, implement, and fund ongoing philanthropic programs to serve specific needs of local children and adults in the Greater Omaha area.
Assistance League of Omaha volunteers spent over 17,825 hours serving their community last year. As a member of Assistance League, you will have opportunities to volunteer your time and talent. From working at the thrift shop to helping children pick out new school clothes at Operation School Bell, there is an opportunity for you to serve.
Below is just a partial list of where you are needed.
- Our Assistance League Thrift Shop
- Online Sales with ShopAssistanceLeague.com
- Operation School Bell
- Spring Fashion Show
- Christmas Caravan
- Bake Sale
- Serving on the Board of Directors
- Website Editing
- Membership Database and Yearbook Maintenance
- Marketing and Communications
- Resource Development and Fundraising