We are Assistance League.
- Attend a majority of regular meetings
- Participate in at least one philanthropic program
- Attend thrift shop training
- Support the thrift shop by staffing in the front room, working in the backroom and/or donating items to be sold. Two shifts per month are expected
- Participate in other fundraising events and activities
- Join a standing committee
- Keep a record of service hours
- Read the Newsletter and all weekly updates
- Respond to emails
- Pay annual dues
140+ Members Strong
Three Reasons To Join Us
Assistance League holds monthly meetings and anyone interested in learning more about our organization is welcome to attend. Interested persons can also contact the Membership Chair for additional information. To join Assistance League, potential members must attend orientation and pay their dues at that time. Dues are $75 plus an orientation fee to join, and then $75 per year after joining. Non-voting members pay $100 per year.
Regular meetings are usually held on the first Thursday of each month from August through May.
The rewards of Assistance League of Greater Wilmington membership are many, with opportunities to form new friendships and gain personally through the enrichment and gratification received through its many activities. When you join Assistance League, you do something for yourself as well as for others. Assistance League chapters have developed over 750 philanthropic programs to meet the needs of the communities they serve.
Our chapter is part of a nationwide network of chapters, 120 strong. If you are interested in knowing more about becoming a member of Assistance League of Greater Wilmington please contact the Membership Chair at: INFO@ALGW.AssistanceLeague.org
Assistance League is an all-volunteer, nonpolitical, nonsectarian, nonprofit organization. Membership is open to all regardless of race, color, creed or ethnic background, as long as the member complies with the responsibilities of membership.
Play at the Beach
Assistance League in Action