Who Are Assisteens?
We are proud to encourage and provide volunteer opportunities for today’s youth. Assisteens membership is open to young women and men in grades 7 to 12. The goals of participation are to develop a sense of community responsibility, self-reliance, personal responsibility, public speaking as well as leadership and work skills.
- Thrift and Consignment Shops | Assisteens work in our on-site shops to help fund our programs. They price and stock donated merchandise as well as operate the cash registers and interact with the customers.
- Operation School Bell | Assisteens provide new school uniforms, books, and essentials at no cost to elementary school-aged children of low-income families.
- AL’sCloset | Assisteens provides non-uniform clothing for older elementary, middle, and high school students of low-income families at no cost.
- GradeLevelServiceProjects | Each Assisteens grade level works with a different organization to provide hands-on service directly to our community.
Assisteens have the opportunity to hold leadership positions at their Grade Level and/or on the Governing Board.
Monthly meetings are held during the school year. Meetings vary between Grade Level and All Assisteens. Service projects usually take place at these meetings.
Annual events include the Assisteens Annual Fall Event and the All Assisteens Recognition Luncheon in the spring. These events are opportunities for the Assisteens to dress up, practice social graces, and have a good time. Seniors are appreciated for their many years of service at the annual Medallion Recognition Ball held each June.
Assisteens are required to work a minimum of 30 hours per year. Hours are earned by volunteer work as well as attendance at meetings and events. Shooting Star and Angel Awards are given to those who work 50 and 75 annual hours respectively. All hours earned qualify for the Presidential Service Award.
Annual dues and mandatory events cost between $200 to $350 per year.
Interested in joining us?
You’re Invited to our annual Prospective New Member Event on April 2, 2023. This is a great opportunity to learn about our organization. Join us to hear from current members about their experiences and take a tour of our facility including our Shops, Dental Center and Operation School Bell® areas.
Note from the Membership Committee: Application Forms will be available at the event, but you can download, review and/or complete the forms ahead of time:
Assisteens New Member Application Assisteens FAQ
To attend this event, please contact the Administrative Office at
(949) 645-6929 or by email at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you!
You Can Maintain Your Membership in Assistance League. Check out the LinkedIn Alumni page.