Assistance League of Salem-Keizer is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) charitable corporation whose member volunteers administer programs and perform specific services to meet community needs. Funds raised by the chapter go directly back into the Salem-Keizer community.
Mission, Vision, Core Values and Goals
Assistance League of Salem-Keizer is an all-volunteer nonprofit organization that puts caring and commitment into action for the benefit of children and adults through community-based philanthropic programs
To be highly recognized in our community as a philanthropic organization that meets the changing needs of the greater Salem-Keizer area.
- Collaborate: Work collectively to create maximum results and sustainability.
- Respect: Affirm the intrinsic value of those we serve, and of those with whom we serve.
- Serve: Provide compassionate, caring services to individuals in Salem-Keizer as the primary purpose of our existence.
- Welcome: Be an inclusive organization, representative of our community demographics.
- Seek and maintain a diverse, informed and committed volunteer/member base.
- Align our philanthropic programs with community needs.
- Promote the brand of Assistance League; increase public relations and community awareness through coordinated marketing.
- Maximize resources, effectiveness and sustainability.
Annual Report and Financials
National Assistance League Volunteers in Action
2016-2017 Board of Directors
Encore Furniture Store Chair
Encore Furniture Store Vice-Chair
Mary Ann Goff
Gift Shop Chair
Gift Shop Vice-Chair
New Member Orientation
Operation Art Adventures
Operation School Bell
Jeanette George, Gayle Alexander
Operation School Bell Vice-Chair
Puppets with Purpose
Mary Helen Socolofsky
Assistance League of Salem-Keizer 2016-17 Advisory Council
John Bauer, Attorney
Diana Enright, Policy Analyst
Joe Phillipay, Insurance Consultant
Steve Woodcock, Salem-Keizer Public Schools Support Services
Chris Veit, Architect Consultant
Melissa Wisner, Federal Programs
Benny Won, Banking/Investment Consultant