Assistance League of Salem does not copy, reproduce, publish, post, distribute, share or sell the name, personal contact information or description of donation by donor to any outside individual or business. Exceptions shall be those required by law, requested in grant applications or in connection with bank credit or debit card transactions that may be made without prior knowledge or consent of the donor.
- Assistance League of Salem does acknowledge donors by name and/or description of donation, after the donors have given their written permission, in certain printed material such as chapter newsletters, brochures, press releases, event invitations or programs, stationery, solicitation letters, the organization’s website or other means of expressing appreciation for the donors’ assistance. A donor wishing to view samples of these publications may do so by contacting the chapter at the address above.
- Assistance League of Salem will provide, at least annually, a means (such as a check-off box) for both new and continuing donors to inform the charity if they do not want their names acknowledged on any of the printed material mentioned above. All donations shall be treated individually so that multiple donations from a single donor shall receive the same consideration as if each were the first donation received.
- If a donor chooses to opt out of any acknowledgement listings in printed material, the donor’s name and address will be made available only to members and/or staff of Assistance League of Salem who are responsible for managing the business of the corporation.
- All records of donations to Assistance League of Salem shall be maintained by the corporation according to the applicable standards of record retention in effect at the time of the donation. All records will be maintained in a secure location of the chapter.
- A donor’s photograph will not be used at any time or in any chapter publication without the donor’s written consent. In the case of a minor, written permission will be obtained from the parent/guardian.