Assisteens® is an auxiliary member group consisting of high school students in grades 9 through 12. These students raise funds to support the philanthropic programs and gain community service hours for their efforts.
The goals of the Assisteens are the following:
- Develop an awareness of the needs of others
- Promote community service and community responsibility
- Develop and foster leadership and self-reliance, personal responsibility with strong ethics and values
- Develop lasting friendships
- Introduce new experiences to stimulate intellectual growth and cultural appreciation.
- To attend eight (8) regular meetings (second Saturday 9:00 a.m.-12 noon September through May, except December)
- Attend additional Board and/or committee meetings as necessary
- Solicit and collect items for Yearly Rummage Drive
- Participate in the Holiday Fundraiser, Chez Noël, first weekend in December, four-hour shift
- Participate in the “In-A-Jar” Fundraiser – cookie and soup ingredients in a jar sold at Chez Noël event
- Annual Fashion Show, participate by purchasing one ticket and a four-hour work requirement.