What is Assistance League® of Nashville
- An all-volunteer, 501(c)(3) organization, founded in 2005 to serve the needs of disadvantaged children in Nashville. We are the 115th chapter of Assistance League, our national organization.
- Listed on GivingMatters.com. Awarded the GuideStar Platinum Seal of Transparency. We follow the Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance Standards for Charitable Accountability.
- A district-wide PENCIL Partner with Metro Nashville Public Schools (MNPS) and the recipient of the 2014 Mayor’s Award for Outstanding system-wide PENCIL Partner. We also have community partnerships with Soles4Souls, CRC, Nashville Children’s Alliance, UniCycle, MNPS and MNPS’s H.E.R.O. (Homeless Education Resource Office. )
- The honoree from Middle Tennessee for the 15th Annual Governor’s Volunteer Stars Award (GVSA) 2022. The GVSA is hosted by Volunteer Tennessee, the Governor’s Commission for Volunteerism and Community Service.
How does Assistance League impact Nashville?
- Provided over 124,768 service hours to the community
- Returned over $1,692,456 to the community.
- The current rate of return is 90% of expenses to community
- Positively impacted the lives of over 59,763 children through the following programs:
Operation School Bell®
Our signature philanthropic program provides children in need with new school clothing: 2 pairs of slacks, 2 polo shirts, 6 pairs of socks, 6 pairs of underwear, a belt . . . and now . . . a hygiene kit with full sizes of body wash, deodorant, shampoo, toothbrush and toothpaste. This program has been proven to enhance self-esteem and academic success of the children we serve, said 96% of reporting MNPS elementary school counselors in a recent survey.
- Provided clothing for 3,537 students at 91 Metro Schools, including 478 homeless children through the H.E.R.O.Program. An additional 9,900 pairs of new Bombas socks also were distributed.
- Since 2014, distributed over 5,135 new winter coats to MNPS elementary, middle, and high school students and community centers in collaboration with Macy’s & Soles4Souls. A shoe drive collection was also successful in delivering some heavy boxes of shoes to Soles4Soles.
- Through our literacy program, we provided 7 “Little Libraries” to a Cambridge Early Learning Center without a library plus $629 for books chosen by the teachers. A Bookworm Vending Machine and 700 books were purchased and delivered to the children of Smith Springs Elementary School, a Metro Nashville Public School.
Hand in Hand
Provided snacks, books, coats, toys & supplies for over 7,083 child survivors of sexual or severe physical abuse and their families receiving therapy through the Nashville Children’s Alliance. Additionally, this year more than 50 stuffed animals and cozy comfort toys were donated or made by our members and delivered to NCA.
Follow us on Facebook: Assistance League of Nashville and
and visit our website: www.assistanceleague.org/nashville/
Assistance League® of Nashville
P.O. Box 653 Brentwood, TN 37024-0653
Transforming Lives • Strengthening Community