What is Assistance League® of Nashville
- An all-volunteer, 501(c)(3) organization
- Our chapter was founded in 2005 to serve the needs of disadvantaged children in Nashville. We are the 115th chapter of Assistance League: our national organization.
- All funds raised go toward helping children in the Nashville area
- We are listed on GivingMatters.com, and have obtained the Gold Seal of Transparency. We follow the Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance Standards for Charitable Accountability.
- A district-wide PENCIL Partner with Metro Nashville Public Schools and the recipient of the 2014 Mayor’s Award for Outstanding system-wide PENCIL Partner
How does Assistance League impact Nashville?
- Provided over 92,110 service hours to the community
- Returned over $1,188,478.00 to the community
- Positively impacted the lives of over 48,720 children through the following programs:
Operation School Bell®
- Our signature philanthropic program provides children in need with new school clothing to enhance self-esteem and academic success
- 96% of reporting elementary school counselors can see an improvement in children’s self-esteem and family stress
- Provided clothing for 3,560 students during the 2018-2019 school year and reached 87 Metro schools
- Distributed a total of over 2900 new coats since 2014 to elementary, middle, and high school students and two community agencies
- Purchased $1500 of new books to two Metro Elementary Schools in 2019
Hand in Hand
- Provides snacks annually since 2005 for over 4891 family therapy sessions for the child survivors of sexual or severe physical abuse through the Nashville Children’s Alliance. Each year our chapter provides a holiday party to children and families.
Assistance League® of Nashville
P.O. Box 653 Brentwood, TN 37024-0653
615.252.6772 ⬥ assistanceleague.org/nashville
Transforming Lives • Strengthening Community