What is Assistance League® of Nashville
- An all-volunteer, 501(c)(3) organization. Founded in 2005 to serve the needs of disadvantaged children in Nashville. We are the 115th chapter of Assistance League, our national organization.
- 85% of funds raised to toward helping children in the Nashville area.
- Listed on GivingMatters.com. Awarded the GuideStar Platinum Seal of Transparency. We follow the Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance Standards for Charitable Accountability.
- A district-wide PENCIL Partner with Metro Nashville Public Schools (MNPS) and the recipient of the 2014 Mayor’s Award for Outstanding system-wide PENCIL Partner. We also have community partnerships with Soles4Souls, Nashville Children’s Alliance and UniCycle, and provide clothing aid for MNPS’s Homeless Education Resource Office. Several other relationships beneficial to our mission are being explored.
How does Assistance League impact Nashville?
- Provided over 117,600 service hours to the community
- Returned over $1,512,410 to the community.
- The current rate of return is 85% of expenses to community
- Positively impacted the lives of over 54,701 children through the following programs:
Operation School Bell®
Our signature philanthropic program provides children in need with new school clothing (2 pairs of slacks, 2 polo shirts, 6 pairs of socks, 6 pairs of underwear, 1 long sleeved white tee shirt and a belt) which has been proven to enhance self-esteem and academic success of the children we serve, said 96% of reporting MNPS elementary school counselors in a recent survey.
- Provided clothing for 3,433 students at 84 Metro Schools: 73 Elementary Schools, 8 Middle Schools, 2 Special needs Schools & 1 High School, 86% of all Metro Elementary Schools ordered during the 2021-2022 school year. An additional 4,500 pairs of new socks were distributed.
- Since 2014, distributed over 4,835 new winter coats to MNPS elementary, middle, and high school students and community centers in collaboration with Macy’s & Soles4Souls. A shoe drive collection was also successful in delivering some heavy boxes of shoes to Soles4Soles.
- Through our literacy program, we provided 5 “Little Libraries” to a Pre-K Early Learning Center without a library plus $700 for books chosen by the teachers. A Bookworm Vending Machine and the books were purchased for the children of Smith Springs Elementary School, a Metro Nashville Public School, and should be delivered in August, 2022.
Hand in Hand
Since 2005, provided snacks, books, coats, toys & supplies for over 6,622 child survivors of sexual or severe physical abuse and their families receiving therapy through the Nashville Children’s Alliance. Additionally, this year more than 65 stuffed animals and comfort toys plus handmade soft blankets were donated or made by our members and delivered to NCA.
Follow us on Facebook: Assistance League of Nashville and Instagram: assistanceleaguenashville
and visit our website: www.assistanceleague.org/nashville/
Assistance League® of Nashville
P.O. Box 653 Brentwood, TN 37024-0653
Transforming Lives • Strengthening Community