What is Assistance League® of Nashville
- An all-volunteer, 501(c)(3) organization. Founded in 2005 to serve the needs of disadvantaged children in Nashville.
- We are the 115th chapter of Assistance League, our national organization.
- All funds raised to toward helping children in the Nashville area.
- Listed on GivingMatters.com and have obtained the Platinum Seal of Transparency. We follow the Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance Standards for Charitable Accountability.
- A district-wide PENCIL Partner with Metro Nashville Public Schools (MNPS) and the recipient of the 2014 Mayor’s Award for Outstanding system-wide PENCIL Partner.
How does Assistance League impact Nashville?
- Provided over 104,432 service hours to the community
- Returned over $1,314,248.00 to the community. The current rate of return is 89%
- Positively impacted the lives of over 48,720 children through the following programs:
Operation School Bell®
Our signature philanthropic program provides children in need with new school clothing to enhance self-esteem and academic success. 96% of reporting elementary school counselors see an improvement in children’s self-esteem and a reduction in family stress.
- Provided clothing for 3,718 students at 77 Metro schools during the 2019-2020 school year.
- Purchased $4,500 of new books for 6 MNPS elementary schools during the 2019-2020 school year,
- Provided $2,385 in school supplies for 4 MNPS teachers through the “Adopt a Teacher” program,
- Adopted a school to celebrate Action! Week by reading to children in their classrooms, and
- Since 2014, distributed over 3,710 new winter coats to MNPS elementary, middle, and high school students and community centers.
Hand in Hand
- Since 2005, provided snacks annually for over 5,675 child survivors of sexual or severe physical abuse and their families receiving therapy through the Nashville Children’s Alliance.
- Donated 313 informative and educational books for family and children counseling needs.
Assistance League® of Nashville
P.O. Box 653 Brentwood, TN 37024-0653
615.252.6772 ⬥ assistanceleague.org/nashville
Transforming Lives • Strengthening Community