What is Assistance League® of Nashville
- An all-volunteer, 501(c)(3) organization. Founded in 2005 to serve the needs of disadvantaged children in Nashville.
- We are the 115th chapter of Assistance League, our national organization.
- All funds raised to toward helping children in the Nashville area.
- Listed on GivingMatters.com. Awarded the GuideStar Platinum Seal of Transparency. We follow the Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance Standards for Charitable Accountability.
- A district-wide PENCIL Partner with Metro Nashville Public Schools (MNPS) and the recipient of the 2014 Mayor’s Award for Outstanding system-wide PENCIL Partner.
How does Assistance League impact Nashville?
- Provided over 110,095 service hours to the community
- Returned over $1,397,424 to the community.
- The current rate of return is 86% of expenses to community
- Positively impacted the lives of over 51,268 children through the following programs:
Operation School Bell®
Our signature philanthropic program provides children in need with new school clothing to enhance self-esteem and academic success. 96% of reporting elementary school counselors see an improvement in children’s self-esteem and a reduction in family stress.
- Provided clothing for 2,548 students at 69 Metro schools during the 2020-2021 school year, and an additional distribution of 1,750 pairs of socks.
- 433 books were provided to MNPS school children via a school drive-through book parade.
- Since 2014, distributed over 4,250 new winter coats to MNPS elementary, middle, and high school students and community centers.
- Provided 500 pairs of earbuds and 100 earphones to Metro schools during the 2020-2021 school year.
Hand in Hand
- Since 2005, provided snacks, books, coats, toys and supplies for over 6,072 child survivors of sexual or severe physical abuse and their families receiving therapy through the Nashville Children’s Alliance.
Follow us on Facebook: Assistance League of Nashville and Instagram: assistanceleaguenashville
and visit our website: www.assistanceleague.org/nashville/
Assistance League® of Nashville
P.O. Box 653 Brentwood, TN 37024-0653
Transforming Lives • Strengthening Community