A community needs program that provides housing goods, cleaning supplies, clothing, newborn essentials, and other essentials to foster youth transitioning to independent living, as well as women who are victims of commercial sexual exploitation.
Providing a Fresh Start
Assisting foster youth as they transition from residential care to independent living
Fresh Start supports foster youth ages 18-21 as they learn to live independently with:
- New sheets, towels, dishes, cookware, basics of daily living
- Vacuum cleaners, cleaning supplies, everything needed when for that move into a first apartment
- Newborn essentials, like bottles, blankets, and diapers, to help young mothers who are still in foster care
Fresh Start helps women in crisis get back on their feet
Fresh Start supports abused and exploited women who have been victims of sex-trafficking with:
- New clothing, underwear, and personal care products
- Encouragement for those enrolled in the Community Against Sexual Harm RESET prostitution diversion program
- Newborn essentials to ensure new mothers have the items they need to maintain healthy babies
- Housing starter supplies for newly housed women
- Laundry and personal care products for women and their children in transitional housing
Thank you so very much for your delivery and care for us and our community. It’s been a beautiful thing connecting to a world that so desperately needs kindness right now. Thank you for being such a big part of what allows us to serve! Please pass on our gratitude to Assistance League of Sacramento.
City of Refuge