Assistance League of Sacramento awards scholarships to students attending community colleges in the Greater Sacramento area. Like many scholarship programs, our awards go to students with financial need and demonstrated ability, aptitude, and a commitment to their educational goals. But, beyond those basic criteria, we seek to support students of any age who have had difficult life challenges.
Our program identifies individuals with incredible resilience, determination, and commitment to education, as a path to a better life for themselves and their families. We offer three types of scholarships: New Recipients, current or former Foster Youth, and Previous Recipients who are in subsequent years at community colleges or four-year institutions.
Our Scholarship awards are made in the spring of each year. Scholarships are awarded at a special reception for recipients and their guests.
General Scholarship Criteria
- Valid California Driver’s License or California ID.
- Submit a completed scholarship application by February 1, 2024.
- Meet the criteria for the scholarship for which you applied.
- Enrolled in American River (ARC), Cosumnes River (CRC), Folsom Lake (FLC), Sacramento City (SCC), Sierra and/or Woodland Community Colleges.
- Previous Recipients attending other accredited institutions of higher learning.
- A completed application packet including: signed scholarship application, one academic reference, and one reference from an unrelated personal or business associate.
- Transcripts verifying criteria have been met.
- Assistance League of Sacramento members and their families are not eligible.
Assistance League of Sacramento has three (3) different scholarships. Students applying as a former foster youth can also be considered for a new recipient scholarship, if they meet the academic requirements.