Hands-on Volunteer Opportunities for Teens
As a member of Assisteens, you will develop a strong sense of community responsibility, self-reliance, and leadership.
- Earn community service hours required for high school graduation
- Add valuable experience to your resume and college applications
- Plan and execute fundraising projects to benefit people in our community
- Make new friends from different middle and high schools in Seattle
- Gain an opportunity to lead Assisteens by becoming a member of the Governing Body
MAKING A DIFFERENCE
YEAR IN REVIEW
Assisteens of Seattle taught me the importance of fundraising and leadership skills, all while giving back to the community.
– Heather Baker, Former Assisteen and Assisteens of Seattle Founder
“Assisteens of Seattle is a place for passionate, hardworking, and caring students to work together and affect change in our community.”
– Rose Hunskor, Assisteens Member
Assisteens of Seattle is for students in grades 7–12 who make a commitment to:
- Attend monthly meetings
- Volunteer at least 30 hours per year, including four shifts in our Thrift Shop
- Pay annual dues of $57 (scholarships available).
Questions? Reach out to Karen Wren and Quyen Hamilton, Assisteens Coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org.