Turning academic dreams into reality
Financial Aid For Education provides full-tuition scholarships and books to students enrolled in King County public colleges and vocational/technical schools who are not eligible for other forms of financial support. We support up to 20 students at the same time, and applications are accepted year-round.
Since 1967, Assistance League of Seattle has helped more than 450 students turn their academic dreams into reality through Financial Aid for Education.
Most of our scholarship recipients are non-traditional students who are pursuing their education in their late 20s, 30s, 40s. One of our policies is that they must qualify for in-state tuition rates and enroll in a program located in King County, which is a direct investment in our future workforce in the greater Puget Sound region. We currently support 18 students simultaneously.
Financial Aid for Education Eligibility Requirements:
- Must reside in King County and have established residency for in-state tuition per the school’s residency requirements.
- Must not be receiving other financial aid.
- Must carry a minimum of 10 credits per quarter (a different timeframe for a specific course requirement may be considered).
- Must maintain a 3.0 grade point average (required to submit an official transcript of grades).
- Must not have any advanced degrees (i.e. BA, BS, MBA, etc).
- Must complete and submit the required application form, obtain and submit 3 recommendations, and write a brief personal statement about his or her circumstances and goals.
- If approved, must participate in a brief interview with program representatives.
Scholarships are granted quarterly.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Financial Aid for Education Scholarship Application.