Adopted April 2014
ASSISTANCE LEAGUE OF STOCKTON
This document sets forth the policy that Assistance League of Stockton shall follow with respect to the contributions and privacy rights of donors.
This document sets forth the policy that Assistance League of Stockton shall follow with respect to the contributions and privacy rights of donors as well as the responsibilities of the chapter.
- The chapter shall not copy, reproduce, publish, post, distribute or sell the name, personal contact information or amount of donation by donor to any individual or business without the written consent of the donor. Exceptions shall be those as required for tax reporting purposes, grant applications and processing credit card transactions and may be made without prior knowledge or consent of the donor.
- Publications, promotional items and publicity of the chapter referred to in this document, shall include but not be limited to the following: newsletter, annual report, brochure, fact sheet and video.
- Assistance League of Stockton operates the Assistance League Thrift Shop. The names of donors contributing to the thrift shop are never made public without the donor’s written permission.
UNDERSTANDING THE DONORS WISHES
- 1 Any individual, foundation, corporation or business may make a contribution to Assistance League of Stockton. Donations may be monetary or in-kind.
- 2 A donation may be restricted or unrestricted. Any restrictions shall be in writing. All restricted donations shall be used solely for the intended purpose and no other.
- 3 A letter to the donor shall be sent acknowledging the contribution, the amount of the donation and any restrictions on the donation.
- 6 All donations shall be treated individually so that multiple donations from a single donor shall receive the same consideration as if each were the first donation received.
- 7 The authorization to release or refuse the listing of the name and/or donation amount of the donor shall be in place for the fiscal year in which the donation is received. The donor may change the decision regarding the refusal to print the donor’s name and/or amount, but may not change the decision regarding publishing once the donor’s name and/or amount has been released.
Members of the Board, and committee chairmen or committee members requiring access to the information may view the names of the donors and amount of donations.
RIGHTS OF DONOR REGARDING PHOTOGRAPHS.
RECORD KEEPING AND CONFIDENTIALITY
- All financial records are maintained by the chapter.
- Members of the Board may view information concerning donations. These individuals shall not disseminate this information for any reason without the prior written consent of the donor. Access by other individuals is set forth in this policy.
- 10 The chapter shall keep all donor information in a secure location at its office or such secure locations outside of the office as deemed necessary and appropriated.
This policy was last reviewed in April, 2014.