Award recipients are chapter members who have been a member for a significant number of years and have given outstanding “behind the scenes” service. The award is named for the co-founder of Assistance League, Ada Edwards Laughlin, who was less visible and filled the role of hardworking “behind the scenes” assistant to Anne Banning.
This year’s recipient of the 2022-2023 Ada Edwards Laughlin Award is Marti Vattuone. She has been:
- Member of Assistance League of Amador Valley for many years – check!
- Chair of our Birthday Bags program
- Active in all of our fundraising activities, serving on the committees for both the Crab Feast and the Mad Hatter’s Tea Party every year
- Instrumental in getting our Melo’s Dining Out Fundraiser up and running
- Served on our inaugural Scholarship Committee
- Served as the Livermore School District representative for our Foster Kids Program
- Sssisted in almost all of our philanthropic programs throughout the years
- Hardworking, she is! – check!
Thank you Marti!