The Tri-Valley Haven Food Pantry distributes free groceries to more than 4,000 low-income Tri-Valley residents each month, representing over 500 families who are experiencing hunger.
The Pantry plays an important role for some families that need to decide between paying rent or putting food on the table.
- Bi-weekly food contributions. Our members are provided a grocery list of food items. They shop for the best value to stretch our budget further and then deliver the groceries to the food pantry. Families in need come to the food pantry and are given bags of food to take home to their families.
- Filling bags with USDA items. Recently, our volunteers work at Food Pantry and create bags filled with donated USDA items.
- Work counter. Our members meet and greet clients when they come into the Pantry, and help them shop for much needed groceries. Not only do the clients appreciate the assistance, but our members are filled with enthusiasm in directly helping others. Very rewarding!
We provide a combination of food items for main meals, as well as cooking items to allow families to create their own meals.
Last 4 months, we bought:
- (360) – 2 lb. bags of flour (or approximately 24 cases)
- (472) – 1 lb. boxes of sugar (or approximately 20 cases)
- (501) – 16 oz. bottles of oil (or approximately 21 cases)
If you would like to join us and become a member in assisting the Food Pantry and our other programs, please email us or checkout Volunteer information.
Want to make a financial contribution? Please donate.