Assisteens Auxiliary is a nonprofit, volunteer organization comprised of 60 teenagers in grades 7 through 12 who are interested in learning the value of volunteering, as well as developing leadership and organizational skills. Under the guidelines of the national organization and Assistance League Diablo Valley chapter, members select their own philanthropic programs and raise the funds necessary to implement them, while supporting many of the chapter’s programs and thrift shop. Assisteens Auxiliary has been part of the chapter since 1977 and puts caring and commitment into action.
Caring and Commitment in Action
- Hosted two holiday parties for 121 elementary schoolchildren
- Provided 150 snack packs and 50 warmth packs for homeless teens
- Sent 350 note cards to homebound seniors
- Labeled 360 books for schoolchildren
- Hosted four interactive events for seniors at a local care facility
- Shopped for clothing for 155 homeless youth
- Assembled 4,300 boxes for our chapter’s weekend food program
- Assisteens Annual Fashion Show and Tea supports our philanthropic programs in Contra Costa County.
- Assisteens staff every Saturday at the Assistance League Thrift Shop at the Way Side Inn and assist with seasonal changeover events.