Become a Member
Assistance League of Laguna Beach
Mission Statement: Assistance League of Laguna Beach is a volunteer organization whose members put caring and commitment into action through community-based philanthropic programs.
Voting or Professional membership is available to any individual who shall participate in and support the philanthropic programs and fundraising activities as determined by Laguna Beach Chapter.
- Early Intervention Program: our signature program, provides group-based therapy for developmentally delayed infants from birth to one year.
- Operation School Bell® – Chapters for Children: supplies Camp Pendleton military families with diapers, baby wipes, and vouchers for school shoes.
- Operation School Bell® – College Scholarships: provides scholarships to Laguna Beach High School Seniors and Military Children.
- Homefront America: supports social events facilitated by Homefront America throughout the year for military families.
- Operation Preschool Readiness: through the Boys & Girls Club, supplies backpacks and educational materials for preschool children. A vision program is also provided.
- Operation Hunger: supports families through the Laguna Food Pantry.
- Waymakers Youth Shelter: funds enrichment programs and educational activities for Teens. In addition, each child is given a welcome kit when they arrive.
- Shea Therapeutic Riding Center: provides funding for scholarships for children with disabilities as well as Military Riding Therapy.
- Collaborative Courts: provides assistance to rehabilitate teenagers and adults who are working towards reentering society rather than being incarcerated. Also provides clothing for job interviews.
- Caps for a Cause: provides yarn for our members to knit/crochet caps to be given to nursing homes, cancer patients and others in need.
- Cultural Enrichment Programs: supports children’s theater programs for underprivileged children throughout our community and provides musical experiences to students in Laguna Beach.
- Workability Program: provides clothing to our local Friendship Shelter, Collaborative Courts and Laguna Beach High School students for job interviews. Clothing is also provided for residents of our Alternative Sleeping Location as well.
- Waste Not Program: donates merchandise not sellable in our Shop to Vietnam Veterans of America, Homefront America, Laguna Animal Shelter, Waymakers Youth Shelter, Susi Q Senior Center, Boys and Girls Club, Friendship Shelter and Working Wardrobe.
Participation and Financial Requirements
- Attend monthly Chapter Meetings (except July and August)
- Serve in the Thrift Shop for two 3-hour shifts each month (except August)
- Participate in at least three Early Intervention Sessions (EIP) per year (1 hour each session)
- Submit to a Background check (required because of the interaction with minors/children during Assistance League activities)
- Have the right to vote and hold office
- Annual Dues: $75 plus a $20 one-time orientation fee
- Attend monthly evening meetings (except July and August)
- Serve in the Thrift Shop for four 3-hour shifts per year (except August)
- Submit to a background check (required because of the interaction with minors/children during Assistance League activities)
- Annual dues: $85 plus a $10 one-time orientation fee