Membership in Assistance League of Northern Virginia is open to all individuals who are interested in giving back to the community who wish to participate in activities to improve the lives of children in need. Membership is open to all persons regardless of age, color, creed, or ethnic background. Below you will find the types of Membership and associated dues.
Program activities generally take place during weekday working hours, but there are many ways to help from behind the scenes on your schedule in addition to the in-person activities. Prospective members are encouraged to email email@example.com for additional information on membership, programs and volunteer opportunities to assure a good fit as an active participant. Individuals may also wish to attend a membership meeting prior to joining to become more familiar with Assistance League of Northern Virginia’s philanthropic programs and fundraising activities. Contact the Membership VP at the email address above to obtain meeting information.
- Touch the lives of children and adults in need in Northern Virginia
- Use your talents and skills to support and expand the organization’s program activities
- Expand your skills through being involved in new project initiatives
- Make and enjoy new friendships
After joining Assistance League, new members will be invited to attend an informal session offering an opportunity to get together with other new members as well as some existing members. Materials will be provided to answer FAQs and provide an orientation to programs, contacts, and volunteer opportunities. New members immediately receive all routine communications about Assistance League activities and upcoming events.
- Participate in and support the organization’s philanthropic programs and fundraising activities and have the privilege of voting and holding office
- Attend monthly chapter meetings, generally scheduled on the 4th Monday of each month from September to June. Most meetings are held in person, but some meetings may be held via Zoom
- Serve on at least one committee
Voting members pay annual chapter dues as follows:
- New Voting Member $60.00* joining between June 1 and November 30
- New Voting Member $30.00* joining between December 1 and the end of February
- New Voting Member $10.00* joining between March 1 and May 31
- Renewing Voting Member $55.00
* The new membership fee includes an Assistance League name tag. The name tag fee is a ONE-time fee.
- Eligible to participate in and support the organization’s philanthropic programs and fundraising activities
- May attend monthly chapter meetings
- Eligible to serve on committees but may not serve as a committee chair or as a member of the board
Non-voting members pay annual chapter dues of $75.