Assistance League of Bend is one of the 120 chapters of Assistance League, a national nonprofit organization that puts caring and commitment into action. In fiscal year 2019-2020, our 142 dedicated members touched the lives of more than 6,047 individuals in the communities of Deschutes County through its philanthropic programs. During the year, members and community volunteers donated 17,281 hours.
Number of Deschutes County Residents Served in 2019-2020
- Operation School Bell® provided new clothes and shoes for 2,130 school children in grades K-12 in Deschutes County.
- Served Breakfast with Santa to 230 members of the community that included foster children and their foster families.
- Created 60 memory books for foster children to store photos, school records and personal thoughts.
- Taught cooking classes to 20 school aged children in grades 4-5.
- Cinderella’s Closet loaned new or gently used prom dresses to 71 high school girls from a selection of over 900 dresses.
- Provided hygiene items and other requested items to 1,125 low income senior residents in 15 local care facilities.
- Provided holiday gifts to 269 seniors in need.
- Made and donated 2,374 hats for cancer patients, the homeless and low income young children.
- Made and donated 267 knitted knockers to cancer patients.
Mission and Vision
Assistance League volunteers transforming the lives of children and adults through community programs.
Essential needs are met in our community and families flourish.