Assistance League of Bend is one of the 120 chapters of Assistance League, a national nonprofit organization that puts caring and commitment into action. In fiscal year 2018-2019, our 157 dedicated members touched the lives of more than 5,975 individuals in the communities of Deschutes County through its philanthropic programs. Members and community volunteers donated 20,690 hours to our programs.
Number of Deschutes County Residents Served in 2018-2019
- Operation School Bell® provided new clothes and shoes for 2,044 school children in grades K-12 in Deschutes County.
- Served Breakfast with Santa to 90 foster children and their foster families.
- Created 54 memory books for foster children to store photos, school records and personal thoughts.
- Taught cooking classes to 20 school aged children in grades 4-5.
- Cinderella’s Closet loaned new or gently used prom dresses to 83 high school girls from a selection of over 900 dresses.
- Legacy for Learning provided 320 new and gently used books to children.
- Made 5 deliveries of hygiene items and other requested items to low income senior residents in 14 local care facilities.
- Provided holiday gifts to 269 seniors in need.
- Made and donated 1,940 hats for cancer patients, the homeless and low income young children.
- Made and donated 155 knitted knockers to cancer patients.
Mission and Vision
Assistance League volunteers transforming the lives of children and adults through community programs.
Essential needs are met in our community and families flourish.