Assistance League of Bend is one of the 120 chapters of Assistance League, a national nonprofit organization that puts caring and commitment into action. In the fiscal year 2017-2018, our 149 dedicated members touched the lives of more than 5,479 individuals in the communities of Deschutes County through its philanthropic programs. Members and community volunteers donated 19,579 hours to our programs.
Number of Deschutes County Residents Served in 2017-2018
- Operation School Bell® provided new clothes and shoes for 1,795 school children in grades K-12 in Deschutes County.
- Served Breakfast with Santa to 247 community members, including foster children and their foster families.
- Visited and served 1,350 seniors in local assisted-care facilities providing hygiene items and other special items requested.
- Provided holiday gifts to 250 seniors in need.
- Made and donated 1,894 hats for cancer patients, the homeless and low income young children.
- Rewarded 16 students for improved and outstanding school attendance.
- Created 75 memory books for foster children to store photos, school records and personal thoughts.
Mission and Vision
Assistance League volunteers transforming the lives of children and adults through community programs.
Essential needs are met in our community and families flourish.