Assistance League of Bend is one of the 120 chapters of Assistance League, a national nonprofit organization that puts caring and commitment into action. In fiscal year 2020-2021, our 135 dedicated members touched the lives of more than 10,000 individuals in the communities of Deschutes County through its philanthropic programs. During the year, members and community volunteers donated 13,920 hours.
Number of Deschutes County Residents Served in 2019-2020
- Operation School Bell®
- provided new clothes and shoes for 1,561 school children in grades K-12 in Deschutes County.
- Provided 1,200 sets of socks and underwear, and 1,1,00 sets of hats and gloves to school children
- handed out 850 gift cards to children for the purchase of shoes at Famous Footwear
- subsidized tutoring for nine children
- Provided hygiene items and other requested items to 923 low income senior residents in 17 local care facilities.
- Provided holiday gifts to 370 seniors in need.
- Delivered 1,826 handwritten greeting cards to long-term care residents
- Made and donated 2,108 hats for cancer patients, preemies, the homeless and low income young children.
- Made and donated knitted knockers to cancer patients.
- Due to COVID-19 Cinderellas’ nCloset, Breakfast with Santa and These Kids are Cookin’ were not active during the fiscal year.
Mission and Vision
Assistance League volunteers transforming the lives of children and adults through community programs.
Essential needs are met in our community and families flourish.