Assistance League of Bend is one of the 120 chapters of Assistance League, a national nonprofit organization that puts caring and commitment into action. In the fiscal year 2016-2017, our 137 dedicated members touched the lives of more than 5,614 individuals in the communities of Deschutes County through its philanthropic programs. Members and community volunteers contributed 18,620 hours to our programs.
Number of Deschutes County Residents Served in 2016-2017
- Operation School Bell® provided new clothes and shoes for 2,023 school children in grades K-12 in Deschutes County.
- Served Breakfast with Santa to 295 community members, including foster children and their foster families.
- Visited and served 1400 seniors in local assisted-care facilities providing hygiene items and other special items requested.
- Provided holiday gifts to 278 seniors in need.
- Made and donated 1731 hats for cancer patients, the homeless and low income young children.
- Rewarded 40 students for improved and outstanding school attendance.
- Created 95 memory books for foster children to store photos, school records and personal thoughts.
Mission and Vision
Assistance League volunteers transforming the lives of children and adults through community programs.
Essential needs are met in our community and families flourish.