Assistance League of Bend is one of the 120 chapters of Assistance League, a national nonprofit organization that puts caring and commitment into action. In fiscal year 2022-2023, our 130 dedicated members touched the lives of more than 8,000 individuals in the communities of Deschutes County through its philanthropic programs. During the year, members and community volunteers donated 14,427 hours.
Deschutes County Residents Served in 2022-2023
- Operation School Bell®
- Provided new clothes and shoes for 2,652 school children in grades K-12 in Deschutes County. New clothes elevate self-esteem, improve attendance, promote peer acceptance, foster learning, boost graduation rates, and inspire hope.
- Provided emergency clothing bundles to children entering or transitioning within the foster care system.
- Loaned new and gently used long and short dresses, as well as accessories, to students in need at local high schools so they can attend their formal dances.
- Handed out 1,535 Scholastic books to underprivileged children in grades K-12, promoting literacy and encouraging life-long reading habits.
- Taught cooking classes, that included basic cooking skills and proper nutrition, to low-income students at Title 1-A elementary schools in Deschutes County.
- Provided hygiene items, Secret Santa gifts, and handwritten greeting cards to 1,838 low income senior residents in 18 local care facilities, providing connection and support.
- Donated 2,509 hats, shawls and other items, created by our members and community volunteers, to provide comfort and hope to patients undergoing cancer treatment, preemies/newborns and the homeless.
Mission and Vision
Assistance League volunteers transforming the lives of children and adults through community programs.
Essential needs are met in our community and families flourish.