Attendees came dressed for a “Rockin Good Time,” in styles from the 50s to the 70s — lettermen’s sweaters, saddle shoes, fringed leather vests, tie-dye shirts, and beatnik berets. Auctioneer Graham Crow did a masterful job helping us raise funds.
Arriving guests were greeted by the beautifully decorated “Giving Tree”, representing all those who have been touched this year through Assistance League of Bend philanthropic programs.
- 83 students who were provided prom dresses and accessories through Cinderella’s Closet.
- 20 fourth and fifth graders who were taught healthy cooking and nutrition through These Kids are Cookin’.
- 1,125 hygiene items and 269 holiday gifts provided to seniors in need through Senior Caring.
- 2,095 handmade hats and knitted knockers provided to cancer patients and the homeless through Hats! Hats! Hats!
- 2,044 students who received new school clothing through Operation School Bell.
The Annual Gala began in 1995 as the Festival of Trees at Awbrey Glen Golf Club. The event was also held in Sunriver, at Broken Top Golf Club, at The Inn of the Seventh Mountain and at the Riverhouse Convention Center, always right before the holiday season began in November. The Gala of Trees, as it became to be known, featured a sit-down dinner, live and silent auctions, entertainment, fabulous themed decorations and plenty of festivity. Over the course of twenty-four years, hundreds of holiday trees, wreathes, auction baskets, donated dinners, special services, exciting trips, works of art and one of a kind jewelry have been purchased at this event to support our philanthropic programs. The income generated from this event has helped thousands of children, families and seniors. The success of this event would not have been possible without the participation of the many business and private donors from the community who gave so generously of their time, merchandise, talents and services. We are so grateful to this awesome community who helped us achieve our annual fundraising goals.