Assistance League of Houston, a chapter of National Assistance League, is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization committed to serving children and adults in need in our communities through innovative philanthropic programs. Today, there are 120 Assistance League chapters in 26 states with over 23,000 members. In 2016-17, Assistance League chapters served 1.5 million people, returned over $38 million to local communities and invested ~3.2 million service hours.
The Houston chapter has been serving the Houston community since 1966, with more than 140 hands-on, dedicated volunteer members. These volunteers lovingly gave over 22,443 hours in 2016-2017 to fund our 5 philanthropic programs dedicated to:
- Clothing students in need (Operation School Bell®)
- Funding students to continue their education (Scholarship Program)
- Providing literary enrichment to Pre-K children (Head Start Readers)
- Providing holiday cheer to patients and their families at Texas Children’s Hospital (Celebration of Giving)
- Supporting local art (Support for the Arts)