ASSISTANCE LEAGUE OF WICHITA PROUDLY AWARDS 14 FIRST-YEAR SCHOLARSHIPS AND 4 SECOND-YEAR SCHOLARSHIP – PLUS A CHECK-IN ON 2021-22 RECIPIENTS
FIRST-YEAR SCHOLARS: 2022-2023 ALW Scholarships were awarded to 14 Wichita Public Schools graduates for their initial year of study at Butler Community College (BCC) or WSU Tech. These outstanding students seek to obtain an AA degree and/or certification in these challenging programs that will launch them into their chosen fields at the conclusion of their two-year programs. Each one demonstrated educational promise, strength of character and challenging personal and/or family circumstances requiring financial assistance.
Members of the ALW Scholarship Committee visited each student to present the scholarship award letters and plant congratulatory signs in their yards.
ATTENDING BUTLER COMMUNITY COLLEGE
- Jesse Bartlett, Northeast HS, Law Enforcement
- Arai Cobos-Lopez, Northwest HS, Criminal Justice
- Greg Davis, Southeast HS, Fire Science
- Cristina Deloera, East HS, The Nancy Cochener Scholar, Nursing
- Andrea Granados, South HS, Nursing
- Tatiana Kamhanri, North HS, The Nancy Cochener Scholar, Nursing
- Emily Rueda, Northeast HS, Accounting Assistant
ATTENDING WSU TECH
- Susan Acevedo, Southeast HS, Nursing
- David Campos, South HS, Computer Support Specialist
- Hassan Emile, South HS, Aviation Maintenance
- Josue Guzman, South HS, Aviation Maintenance
- Marianna Ledesma, West HS, Digital Marketing
- Hussein Mulenda, Southeast HS, Auto Technology
- Kalef Nava-Barcelo, Southeast HS, Welding
SECOND-YEAR SCHOLARS: 4 students from the 2021-2022 class of awardees received 2022-23 second-year scholarships to complete their courses of study. In addition to scholarships, ALW provided OPERATION SCHOOL BELL food and clothing gift cards for the siblings of each Scholar.
- Rakailah Hill, Southeast HS, The Nancy Cochener Scholar, BCC, Nursing
- Everett Marsh-Ackerman, South HS, WSU Tech, Information Systems Technology
- Alondra Paredes, North HS, BCC, Nursing
- Anahy Quezada, North HS, BCC, Nursing
COMPLETING 2021-2022: ALW Scholarship mentors also visited 9 additional members of the 2021-2022 second-year class of recipients. These students, continuing their studies, received OPERATION SCHOOL BELL food and clothing gift cards for their siblings.
- Luis Barron, West HS, WSU Tech, Automotive Service Technology
- Sofia Cazarez-Gonzalez, Southeast HS, The Nancy Cochener Scholar, BCC, Healthcare Administration & Management
- Paola Cordero, North HS, WSU Tech, Dental Assistant
- Richard Dang, Southeast HS, WSU Tech, Machining Technology
- Susana Hernandez, South HS, The Clarence Koch Scholar, BCC, Accounting
- Tamia Langford, Southeast HS, WSU Tech, Information Technology
- Christian Lopez, North HS, The Berry Foundation Scholar, WSU Tech, Welding
- Ivan Nunez, South HS, WSU Tech, Aviation Maintenance Technology
- Estrellita Quinones, North HS, WSU Tech, Dental Assistant
Thank you to all who donate and shop with Assistance League of Wichita. You helped provide scholarships and encourage these youth and their brothers and sisters to remain in school.