Assistance League of San Mateo County was established in 1953.
In the Fiscal Year ending June 30, 2023, our accomplishments included:
- Providing 2379 schoolchildren with new clothing, shoes and personal grooming kits through Operation School Bell® our signature program.
- Providing 50 Assault Survivor Kits® to San Mateo General Hospital
- Distributing $28,570 in Community Scholarships
- Six $3050 scholarships were given to the 3 community colleges in San Mateo County
- Homeless Support $45,000
- 16 Baskets for Babies
At the end of our fiscal year, our chapter had 98 volunteer members who donated more than 17,874 hours of service. We raised funds to support our philanthropic programs through our thrift shop, Turnstyle, grants from various organizations and donations from individuals and community businesses.
Assistance League of San Mateo County is working diligently to provide more to our community in the face of the economic downturn.
- Assault Survivor Kits
- Baskets for Babies
- College Scholarship Program
- Community Outreach
- Operation School Bell
- LifeMoves (formerly InnVision Shelter Network)
Supporting our Philanthropic Programs
The many valuable programs of Assistance League of San Mateo County are funded through several innovative fundraising efforts. All monies raised through the chapter’s fundraising activities are used for its philanthropic expenses. Money to finance the non-philanthropic expenses incurred for member activities is derived from member-only functions. Because Assistance League of San Mateo County is an all-volunteer 501(c)(3) organization, you can be assured that your contribution will go directly to someone in your community who needs and deserves it.