Volunteers helping teens achieve higher levels of education through scholarships
- To address the critical present and future need for skilled nurses in area hospitals by granting scholarships to students currently enrolled in nursing degree programs at California State University San Marcos and Palomar College.
- To provide scholarship support to foster teen graduates of San Pasqual Academy and to students graduating from local high schools who wish to further their educations.
How to apply for scholarship assistance:
Students interested in applying for scholarship aid should contact their school’s guidance department.
Since the program began in 2005, over 1000 students have benefitted from this program. Mara Magoon, graduate of San Pasqual Academy and one of the first students to receive scholarship assistance graduated in 2010 from Humbolt State University. In a recent letter to the chapter she wrote:
“I truly appreciate how much Assistance League has done for me, both as a student at San Pasqual Academy and Humboldt State University. It really means a lot to know people who are rooting for me to succeed and are proud of my accomplishments. None of this would be possible without associations like yours.”
Volunteer Opportunities with this Community Service Program:
Participation in this Community Service Program gives volunteers opportunities to directly help young people achieve their dreams of a higher education. Volunteers will:
- Review scholarship applications
- Select recipients
- Attend graduation ceremonies to award scholarships to local high school graduates
- Deliver funds to the nursing programs at California State University San Marcos and Palomar College that award individual scholarships