The Pursuit of Higher Education
The Scholarship & Grants program addresses the critical present and future need for skilled nurses, emergency medical technicians and industry and trade technicians by providing grants for students already enrolled in these programs at Palomar College and California State University San Marcos School of Nursing. Recipients of these scholarships are determined by the respective schools’ nonprofit foundation that administers them.
Scholarships are provided to high school graduates enrolled in college or trade school programs entering college in the Fall semester. Through the counseling office of each high school, students must fill out an application that includes school transcripts, a short essay, letters of recommendation and a verified financial background statement. Applications are collected by the school counselor and evaluated by members of our Chapter’s scholarship and grants committee.
How to apply for scholarship assistance:
Students interested in applying for scholarship aid should contact their school’s guidance department.
- $500k donated to Palomar College students enrolled in the programs – since 2007
- $193,500 to Cal State San Marcos School of Nursing – since 2018
- 281 scholarships granted to local graduating high school seniors accepted into a college/university or trade school – since 2018
Volunteer Opportunities with this Community Service Program:
Opportunity to help young people achieve their dreams of higher education by helping:
- Review scholarship applications
- Select recipients
- Attend Senior Awards assemblies and hand out Letters of Congratulations
- Send funds to the financial accounts at the designated university/college/trade school of each high school scholarship recipient