Volunteerism in the Irvine Community
Assistance League of Irvine, founded in 1990, contributed more than 200,000 service hours by volunteers to the community through our Philanthropic Programs.
During our 2020-2021 fiscal year – Assistance League of Irvine:
- Provided new clothes and shoes to nearly 550 children in need attending the Irvine Unified School District, as well as a book bag and grooming kit through Operation School Bell®.
- Spring 2020 and Covid-19 brought in-person events to a halt. Our Young Masters™ Art Show in collaboration with the City of Irvine and the Irvine Unified School District in-person event was cancelled. The Young Masters Art is visible on the IUSD website.
- Provided $24,500 in scholarships to income-qualified high school students planning to attend Irvine Valley College. In addition, we awarded $10,000 in scholarships to deserving students currently attending Irvine Valley College.
- Worked collaboratively with Families Forward and Human Options with the City of Irvine to provide clothing and other items to families in crisis.
- Supported a successful independent youth auxiliary, Assisteens®, which was formed in 1993 to instill the values of volunteerism in young men and women grades 7-12.
For upcoming membership opportunities visit our Become a Member page.
Tours and Presentations
Assistance League of Irvine members are available to conduct tours of our facilities for you or your organization and explain how our various programs create a better community. Call (949) 798-5020 for information.
Volunteers Enriching Lives for a Better Community
Vice President Membership
Vice President Philanthropy
Vice President Resource Development
Vice President Marketing & Communications
Mary Earl Spencer
Thrift Shop Manager
Assistance League of Irvine 2020-21 Advisory Council
Jerome Carrasco – Attorney at Law
Janet Colclaser – City Council Aide, City of Irvine
Madelynn Hirneise – CEO Families Forward
Lee Holmes – Insurance Executive
Erica Negi – Irvine School District Parent Teachers Association
Elissa Oransky – Executive Director of Irvine Valley College Foundation
Karen Orlando – Director of Giving, Irvine Valley College Foundation
Margie Wakeham – Formerly of Families Forward