Assistance League of Irvine is a 100% volunteer, nonprofit organization comprised of multi-talented volunteers working together to fulfill its mission. We offer many opportunities for involvement at different levels to improve the lives of those in need through innovative and targeted philanthropic programs.
When you volunteer with Assistance League of Irvine, you do something for yourself as well as others. Volunteering or becoming a member can give you the tools to actively change things in our community.
As a Member, we are open to all persons regardless of gender, race, color, creed or ethnic background. Membership requires a time and financial commitment. We welcome those who wish to be of service to our community and have the time, creativity and passion to volunteer. The joy of giving is expressed through extraordinary programs chosen to meet the specific needs of our community.
Become one of us! Join an incredible group of volunteers who are dedicated to making a difference in their community.
Community Volunteer Program:
- Community Volunteers serve an important role at Assistance League of Irvine. Our Community Volunteers lend a hand in our Thrift & Gift Shop, as well as with our outreach programs, working side-by-side with Assistance League members. All Community Volunteers must be over the age of 16 years.
See form below to contact us for more information.
Membership Levels and Requirements
- Applications are accepted for membership throughout the year.
- Upon joining, and providing annual dues of $85, new members participate in a fun orientation program that thoroughly acquaints them with all aspects of the organization.
- Members are encouraged to volunteer at least 80 hours a year. Hours are comprised of Regular Monthly Meetings September – June, working two (2) two-and one-half hour shifts per month in the Thrift & Gift Shop and 16 hours on various philanthropic projects.
- Members are financially responsible to support the chapter functions and fundraising activities
- Membership as a Partner provides an opportunity for volunteers to participate in event and program committee planning with greater flexibility.
- Upon joining and providing annual dues of $85, Partners will be guided through an orientation program of the organization. Partner membership is non-Voting.
- We encourage Partners to volunteer 5 hours each month in our Thrift & Gift Shop during shop prep or regular business hours.
- Partners are included in the membership directory, provided a chapter name tag, and receive chapter and national newsletters.