Upscale Resale Donors and Customers:
We are so thankful to the community members who bring in donations of clothing, housewares,and furniture. Obviously, without your support the Assistance League of Mid-Missouri would not be able to fund the many programs offering assistance to those less fortunate in Columbia and Boone County.
We also thank you for being patient during our reopening and using appointments for bringing your donations. This has been necessary because of the pandemic. Due to the health protocol, we have to have donations sit for 48-72 hours before we can begin to process them for the sales floor. We do not have the storage room to handle donations coming in more than once a week due to these constraints. This also limits the number of volunteers who can work to process donations. Therefore, we will continue to use Sign-Up Genius…As more space and volunteers become available, more times for donations will become available.
Afternoon hours have been added. To make an appointment, click the link below.
Procedures for donating have been changed!
Here are some helpful practices to ensure an efficient, donation process:
• Place donations in separate containers by category: books, housewares and/or clothing.
• Place clothing donations in bags or boxes rather than on hangars.
• Consult the Do Not Sell List to avoid disappointment when an item can’t be accepted.
• Keep it light! Are you able to lift the container into a bin or onto a shelf?
• Donation containers will not be returned.
• Due to space limitations, no furniture is accepted at this time.
Drop Off Procedures
• All donations are received at the double doors with the ramp at the rear (west side) of the shop.
• Enter the alley behind the shopping plaza from the south end near Broadway St.
• Stop at the base of the ramp.
• Volunteers will provide a cart for your donations.
• Donors may not enter the building.
We will resume picking up furniture in early June. If you have multiple pieces of furniture to donate, call 573-445-3848. Leave your name, telephone number, and a brief description of the furniture pieces you wish to donate. A volunteer will return your call.
Items Not Sold at Upscale Resale
Anything broken or dirty
Baby equipment such as cribs, car seats, highchairs, etc
Ceiling fans, chandeliers, light fixtures with exposed wires
Children’s clothing and toys
Faded, torn, stained sheets, towels, curtains
Glassware, pottery that is chipped
Hazardous items such as knives
Items with business logos such as mugs
Microwaves, large appliances
Mini blinds, curtain rods