Are you interested in being part of Assistance League of Mid-Missouri to transform the lives of children and adults in the community? You can choose from three categories of membership: Chapter, Auxiliary, or Junior. Complete the Find Out More form and someone from the Membership committee will contact you.
Chapter members of the Assistance League of Mid-Missouri are women of various ages and backgrounds dedicated to making a difference in the community. Regular Chapter meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month and begin at 10:00 a.m. Committee meetings are scheduled at various times.
• Work in Upscale Resale and support other fundraising efforts
• Serve on committees of their choice: Communication, Membership, Philanthropic, and Resource Development
The Professional Leaders Auxiliary was originally created to expand membership and volunteer opportunities to women who work outside the home. With the changes in work patterns, Auxiliary membership now includes women who prefer to meet in the evening and to volunteer at Upscale Resale on Saturdays. The Auxiliary holds membership meetings at 5:45 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each month. Other committee meetings and activities are scheduled at various times.
• Administer the philanthropic program Women In Transition, which collaborates with True North of Columbia to support victims of domestic or sexual violence
• Serve on committees that develop Assistance League of Mid-Missouri within its membership and throughout the community
The Junior Committee was established to expand membership and volunteer opportunities for young women with toddlers or school-age children.The Juniors meet during the morning five times a year at the Assistance League of Mid-Missouri offices. These are informal meetings and give the members a chance to socialize while packing Bundles for Babies tote bags.
• Manage the philanthropic program Bundles for Babies, which provides tote bags filled with newborn essentials to families in need at Columbia area hospitals
• Sponsor an annual fundraiser to support Operation School Bell
• Participate in many philanthropic programs and resource development projects