On Saturday, May 14th ALCP held a wonderful Garage Sale at the Grange on 101. In addition to their hard work, Members who volunteered enjoyed lots of teamwork, smiles and laughter, something we have all been missing! The event was well attended and we raised almost $2,500! That is amazing considering that we did not have any big ticket items. It was so easy because when the sale was over we left the majority of the unsold items at the Grange, meaning that we didn’t have to cart it all off. We are calling this one a big success!
Besides the money we raised, we made a special effort to collect items that we could give to other organizations or ALCP programs. Here’s what we did:
- 3 bins of clothes, coats and purses for the Harbor.
- 2 boxes of books, games and puzzles to the Warrenton Library
- Clothes for the middle and high school closets
- Men’s clothes to a local church
- Baby clothes and items to the pregnancy center.
- A rug for Cinderella’s Closet
- A mini fridge for the warehouse
The best part is that we all worked together as a team and had fun doing it!! What a wonderful group of dedicated ladies!!