Assistance League of Whittier has been the proud recipient of several awards and commendations over the years. The chapter house is in a building that has been designated by the City of Whittier as an historical building.
Among our awards are:
- Whittier Chamber of Commerce Whittier Beautiful Award
- Whittier Conservancy Award, Historical Paint, Pattern, & Design
- Whittier Assistance League’s Operation School Bell® commendation
- The Whittier First Day Angel Award for outstanding service to the community
- Commendation by Don Knabe, Supervisor 4th District County of Los Angeles for service to the community
- Commendation by City of Whittier for sponsorship of the Whittier Library Summer Reading Program
- California Legislature, Assembly certification of recognition of service to the community.
- South Whittier School District recognition for philanthropic work throughout the district especially for ALW’s Operation School Bell and Dental Care programs- 2017-2018.
- California Legislature Certificate of Recognition 2017-2018
- County of Los Angeles Commendation from Janice Hahn 2017-2018
- Congress of U.S. House of Representatives Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition from Congresswoman Linda Sanchez 2017-2018