Share your special skills! Learn new skills! Get involved! Have fun!
We welcome volunteers who have the desire to help improve the lives of children and families in need in the Victor Valley area through participation in our philanthropic programs, thrift shop operations, and support of fundraising events throughout the year. Each year our volunteers work together not only to assist neighbors in need, but to form a network of friends working together toward common goals.
Leadership/Management: From Board members to Committee leaders we need members to keep us on track.
Marketing: To take our message to the public, we need writers, speakers, Internet savvy members.
Merchandising: Members select, price, display and sell donated items for the Thrift Shop.
Creativity: Members needed to plan chapter events, organize and decorate for fundraisers.
Technical: To maintain our website, Facebook page and develop new internet communication formats.
We seek volunteers with a sincere desire and ability to donate their time and talents toward our many philanthropic programs. Informational meetings are offered as needed for any one interested in joining, followed by orientation sessions to acquaint new members with all aspects and benefits of membership. For information about becoming a member, please contact us.
Many hands, light work – members have discovered that productive thrift shop work days yield increased sales.
Statement of Nondiscrimination
Membership in Assistance League of Victor Valley is open to all persons regardless of gender, race, color, age, national and ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability.
- If you have a caring heart, a generous spirit, and a desire to help people in need, please consider joining us. We want those interested in membership to understand the commitment we ask of our member volunteers.
- Requirements include:
- Members volunteer a minimum of 150 hour a year in any fundraiser, philanthropic program or meetings.
- New members attend a series of orientation meetings to ensure they fully understand the commitment they are making and become familiar with the philanthropic programs and fundraising activities of the organization.
- Community Associate members also welcomed.
- Membership in Assistance League of Victor Valley is open to individuals interested in community service who are willing and able to meet the requirements of active membership as stated in the bylaws and standing rules of the chapter.
- Membership in Assistance League of Victor Valley is open to all persons regardless of age, gender, race, color, creed or ethnic background.
(760 ) 961-2468