Our President’s Message
Welcome to Our Website:
As members of Assistance League, we are dedicated, enthusiastic, “hands-on” volunteers, with no paid employees, meeting the needs of our High Desert community for over 40 years.
Assistance League volunteers through their flexibility, innovation, and resiliency have excelled at fulfilling our commitment to the Victor Valley community. Thanks to the determined efforts of our members, and generous community support, we were able to fund all of our philanthropic programs. We held an extremely successful “Sock it to ‘Em” mail campaign, exceeded our expectations for grant funds, and we kept our Thrift Shop open while focusing on member and customer safety.
During the period June 1, 2021, to May 31, 2022, the Chapter accomplished the following:
- We provided shoes and clothing to over 3,600 students.
- We provided $5,000 worth of non-perishable food items to a local school district food pantry.
- High Desert teachers received $3,959.25 in STEM Awards for programs, materials, software, and supplies.
- Thirty-nine new High Desert teachers received over $11,000 in Literacy Awards to provide classroom libraries for their students.
- We celebrated Assistance League® Action! Week by providing books, DVDs, and bookmarks to 43 schools throughout the High Desert that in turn provided books to more than 2,300 students.
- We delivered 1,100 cuddly bears to the three High Desert hospitals for children who had to visit the Emergency Room or were having surgery.
- We provided 24 Assault Survivor Kits® Partners Against Violence that contained clothing and personal grooming items for victims of sexual assault when their clothing was retained as evidence in potential criminal investigations.
- We provided 102 families from the Victor Elementary School District with Family Feast Boxes that contained everything needed for a harvest meal.
- We provided 57 families from the Victor Valley Union High School District with food boxes that contained everything needed for two days’ worth of food, including fresh produce.
- Our Assisteens® Auxiliary provided 105 full size grooming kits to high school students in need through their “Teens Helping Teens” program.
We have touched many lives and I am grateful be a part of this exceptional organization. We will strive to continue to make a difference in our community through our signature programs and are always looking for partners with whom we can work on new ones.
If you have a caring heart, time to give, and a desire to serve others, we invite you to join us and be about the business of “Transforming Lives • Strengthening Community”. Please look through the pages on this website to learn more about our chapter and the wonderful programs we provide.
For further information, please contact Carol Duffey, our Membership Chairman, at email@example.com.
Sylvia Morrison, President