About Assistance League Of Albuquerque
We began in 1959 as the Service League of Albuquerque with 23 members and we chartered in 1962 as the 28th chapter of National Assistance League. We are a 501(c)(3) organization with a 60-year history of philanthropic service to Albuquerque and our surrounding communities.
We raise all our own funds and have no paid staff. All programs and fundraising opportunities are managed and staffed by our more than 300 member volunteers who donate more than 96,000 hours of service each year.
We own two properties –
Our primary facility is located at 5211 Lomas. It houses our Thrift Shop, meeting room and work/storage spaces. We also rent space next door for our Shop on the Corner which houses the Red Tag and Furniture departments.
The second property we own is 2107 Church Street in Old Town in Albuquerque. It is the home of our philanthropic program, “Blue Portal”. The building, originally a home, is over 120 years old. In 2018 we discovered it had major structural problems – all the way down to the foundation and walls. We knew we had to restore the building, not only because of its historical significance, but also to protect our substantial financial investment in the property.